They watch you as you drive by, trying to catch your attention one more time before they fade into lost memories. Maybe you glanced at them while waiting at a light. Or maybe they’ve been there for so many years they no longer register in your consciousness.
I’m talking about the painted advertising signs that grace the old, downtown buildings. Often called “Ghost Signs”, other names are “ghost ads”, “phantoms”, “fading ads, “brick ads”. Few and far between, some still remain around town; the graphics and lettering often the only reminder of the what was once sold. Some are visible only after it rains, which is where they get the nickname, “ghost signs”. Continue reading
Posted in On the hunt
Tagged ads, advertising, architecture, art, buildings, ghost signs, Kansas, memories, nostalgic, old, photographs, retro, vintage, wichita
There are just some sites that MUST be experienced!
- JacksonPollock.org is one of the most famous works of Internet Art, made by Miltos Manetas in 2003.
- Introducing the new Apple’s Tablet Computer Named IPad, Apple CEO Steve Jobs said that “JacksonPollock.org” is one of the best websites to experience the iPad and “Jackson Pollock by Miltos Manetas” is definitelly the best application for the iPad.
- JacksonPollock.org is People’s Voice Winner of the Webby Awards
- Time Magazine listed JacksonPollock.org on the Top 50 coolest websites
- JacksonPollock by Miltos Manetas is also an iphone app and an ipod application.
- JacksonPollock.org is a Neen artwork